Leading museum retail professionals from the UK and the USA share the secrets of their success in this highly practical series of essays. These are people who are running some of the most successful, attractive, profitable museum shops around. This book will give you a wealth of inspirational new ideas for ways you can enhance your shop’s income and your customers’ satisfaction – and help fulfil your museum’s aims and policies.
Topics covered include: increasing visitor spend, effective merchandising, ethical and sustainable retailing, online retailing, how to survive in difficult times, building your brand, product development and future trends in museum retailing.
- Gregory Krum, Director of Retail, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, New York City
- Jeremy Ensor , Head of Retail Strategy & Operations, Natural History Museum, London
- Louisa Adkins, Commercial Manager, Compton Verney, Warwickshire
- Kate Bull, Managing Director, CTWB Ltd, London
- Michael Whitworth, Head of Commercial Operations, Manchester Museum
- Michael Walton, Head of Trading, London Transport Museum
- Nuala McGourty, Retail Director, Royal Collection Enterprises, London
- Aundrea Hollington, Head of Retail Projects, Historic Scotland, Edinburgh
- Adam Thow, Head of Retail & Buying, Southbank Centre, London
- Iain Betterton, Commercial Manager, Dulwich Picture Gallery, London
- Simon Cronshaw and Peter Tullin, Joint Founders, CultureLabel.com
- Caroline Brown, Head of Commerce, National Maritime Museum, London
- Sue Townsend, Managing Director, Gifted In Design Ltd, Oxford
Title: Alive To Change: Successful Retailing in Museums
Published by: MuseumsEtc
Price: £18.95 (plus £5 worldwide shipping)
Problem ordering online? Download our Order Form.
We offer all our readers an unconditional guarantee: if, at any time, you decide this book’s not for you, simply return it to us for a full and prompt refund.